Monday, October 8, 2007

Hello World

The title of my first entry takes me back to the beginning of college and my first major - Computer Science. For those that aren't familiar, it is fairly common for the first program taught when learning a new computer language to be called "Hello World." I only lasted a semester in the major as I just wasn't cut out to be a programmer, but it did provide a nice transition to my Management Information Systems major in the school of business. It proved to be a much more comfortable mix of computers and business for me.

Having a pretty substantial interest in computers and the internet, I have always been familiar with blogs, but didn't realize until recently their use and popularity outside of acting as an online diary or way to update friends and family. I have stumbled upon (and now browse about 50) personal finance blogs and have found them amazingly helpful and fun to read. I've now got the itch to give it a try myself.

Hopefully, I'll get past the "Hello World" test and begin to write successful and helpful blogs for others to enjoy. I can't wait to begin to learn how to improve, market and perhaps even advertise in my blog. If not, I'm sure it will be a good learning experience to help me transition into something else.

No comments: